Horrorvacui000

Horrorvacui000

Outlander

Outlander - Diana Gabaldon I have issues with this book. There were things I both loved and hated. The story was slow, but for some reason I just kept reading. There were moments when I wanted to throttle Jamie, and moments when I wanted nothing more than for him to succeed. I with that more history had been included. It looks like the next one might lean that way. There was also way too much sex, although, this was before TV and other forms of entertainment so maybe I should let that slide. I'll just say that I got bored and wanted the story to move on. I'm sure most people were happier with those moments, but I went into this thinking it was historical fiction/fantasy and not historical romance so I had different expectations. There was also a major issue that was discussed extensively (those that read it will know) that I disagreed with. It fits with the time period, but it was something I would have rather not read in a situation when an author is painting it as acceptable, or even character forming. Despite all my gripes, I staying interested in the story enough that I kept reading. I grew attached the characters and was always curious to know what was going to come of the players. I'll give book 2 a shot before I attempt to formulate a strong opinion on this series.