Horrorvacui000

Horrorvacui000

Fools Rush In

Fools Rush In - Kristan Higgins "I'm a stalker. The good kind." WHAT!?!!? After reading the first sentence I had a feeling this story would be awkward at best. Higgin's books are generally cute, although not mind blowing, so I stuck with it despite the crazy. Millie is a crazy woman who can't get over her high school crush. She has a lot of good qualities, but somehow I got stuck on the crazy stalker bit. She's so obsessed with this guy that she does her best to learn his schedule and follows him in order to accidentally bump into him. Granted, she means "the good kind" of stalker because she doesn't go all crazy with a knife or anything, but ... Despite all of Millie's growth throughout the book, her crazy in the beginning was a huge turn-off. Sam and his son, on the other hand - amazing guys! I found myself wishing I had a brother-in-law like Sam. They're the reason I kept reading. That, and I had hope that Higgins would pull it off. It did get better as Millie started to get her head on straight; but a high rating by me was lost by the fact that if I hadn't read Higgins before, I would have put the book down. I'd say it falls between 2 and 3 stars. Although, the amount of time Millie mentions dog poop probably puts it closer to the 2 than the 3. Awkward!