Horrorvacui000

Horrorvacui000

The Prodigal Cowboy (Harlequin Special Edition Series #2209)

The Prodigal Cowboy - Kathleen Eagle I was excited to receive this title. Normally I read stories where the boys are English lords, CEO's, military men, or athletic superstars. Every now and then I get a cowboy, but it's rare. I wanted a good cowboy book and this looked like it'd give me just that. I really wish it had. I was bored and genuinely uninterested. It wasn't a horrible book, I just couldn't get interested. Bella is a reporter that sees a conspiracy, but has to find information for proof. While trying to uncover the facts she meets Ethan, her former high school crush. The romance ensues. Ethan and she aren't unlikable, but I failed to fall in love with either of them either. The conspiracy seemed like it could lead to some massive drama, but it all sort of unravels without any action or pomp. If the characters were stronger, I could have overlooked a weaker plot, or vice versa. I found myself skipping through pages, which I almost never do. I just didn't care enough to keep focused on the story. I was hoping for the conspiracy to serve as the stories saving grace, but as i mentioned previously, it just didn't happen. On the plus side, if you're looking for a book that actually includes Native American characters, you're in luck.