Horrorvacui000

Horrorvacui000

and Falling, Fly

and Falling, Fly - Skyler White 2.5 stars. This is an interesting book about a fallen angel/vampire female and a reborn male. Reborn meaning that as he gets older all of the memories from his past lives come back to him. He must relive all of the pain of his past and the loss of the one's he's loved. The vampire is looking for salvation, a way to feel again and break her curse, while the reborn looks to science to try and invent a way to forget his past. The concept works, but there's something in the execution that doesn't work for me. The vampire has barbed like teeth that have to be sharpened and they drink in peoples memories. They can drink without the person knowing, or feed traditionally, but they must feed off of desire or fear. Otherwise the vampire will be severely injured or killed. It just didn't work for me. Plus, the girls can't have sex. The book is more intellectual than most vampire books. The middle of the book is a constant debate over reality, knowledge, love, religion, and faith. Hell, the Garden of Eden, the Tree of Knowledge, and the snake all make appearances. My issue is that sometimes things didn't flow. I understood all of the arguments, but there were times where it felt like something descriptive was missing to bring two actions together. She spent so much time arguing concepts, but when you needed her to be more precise with actions it didn't happen. It was a good attempt, but the work as a whole didn't do it for me.