Horrorvacui000

Horrorvacui000

Highlander Most Wanted - Maya Banks This was an interesting read. Maya Banks has a way of creating interesting characters that you want to read about. The problem comes with the execution. There's something about her writing style that keeps her labeled as a good author, but not a great author. I keep waiting for that subtle push that makes one of her stories unforgettable. Until then, I'll keep reading. Like I said, she's a good author. I just have faith that one day she'll improve.The beginning of the story was a little awkward, but it leveled out as things started to settle. I'm still unsure as to why almost all the women in the town were as hypocritical as they were; but, sadly, women tend to be just as vicious as Banks depicts them. Especially if they've grown up with the type of leaders they had. I like that Bowen listened and made his own judgments. It's a sign of intelligence and maturity, and something we could all learn from. Looks like I'll have to go back and try and read book 1.