Horrorvacui000

Horrorvacui000

Avenging Angels - Mary Stanton I really like the possibilities that this series offers. I love Bree and I'll definitely continue to read in order to find out what she will encounter next. What keeps me from loving it is the action sequences. As I said after book one, there is potential for action and Stanton starts to build the stress levels and draw you in, but then the action sequences themselves lack substance. You don't see the fight, or get a look into what's really happening. Although book 2 did much better in this regard...I still feels like this could be being done intentionally so I'll keep reading for now. I would have rated this one 4 stars, but the ending wrapped up a little too quickly for me. I didn't feel like there was a big discovery. Bree just figured it out and then let you in on the secret without you being along for the ride those last few minutes. I thought maybe I had missed something, but I reread the last 2 chapters and I don't think that I did. On a more positive note - I love the dogs. I've already got a Napoleon, I'll name the next one Belli. Thank goodness I don't get yappy dogs, that'd be disrespectful to the name. I enjoyed the family dinner and how the guest (I'm not telling who) had to sit through it all. I'm excited to find out what's happening to Bree, even though I already have an idea. I do hope she gets more of a personal life in the future. The books don't have to turn into PR, but a nice clean, innocent romance as a minor subplot would be fun.