Horrorvacui000

Horrorvacui000

Taking Shots: The Assassins Series

Taking Shots  - Toni Aleo Gee...So much of a Predator fan that the names are taken right from the team. I wonder how she feels about Alex after this last playoff series. =) Also, the disclaimer at the end that similarities to real people are just coincidences? Personality traits maybe, but there's a lot taken from real people here. She's kidding herself if she can't be honest.Anyway!I'm very angry right now. This author has the potential to be one of my favorites. A must buy. However, there are some major issues that would bother any reader. First and foremost, the author needs an editor and spell check. She spells Adler's name right and like Adelr. There are times when it says She instead of Shea. These instances were distracting, but by far not the worst of her editing mistakes. Someone didn't proof-read the final copy enough times. There are other places that I could nit-pick, but the only other thing that I wish to mention is her repetitiveness. Aleo has a tendency to use similar phrases and descriptors. It's one thing to bring up someones eyes a few times in a book, but I was ready to gag at how often Shea was mesmerized by her eyes and she his lips. Being romantic is one thing, but there is pushing it too far. Moderation is key when it comes to repeating a characters obsessions. If overdone, I end up rolling my eyes rather than being drawn into the sweetness of the scene. Also, we get it! Tennessee weather is ever changing. I live in Tennessee and still got frustrated by the amount of times it was brought up.That all being said, I will remind you that I said this author has a chance at becoming someone I would follow and purchase. Go figure, I'm being repetitive after complaining about it, but I want to state that despite the problems I still really got into the story. Aleo is a master at creating likeable characters. It doesn't hurt that I'm a huge hockey fan and happen to love books about hockey players. I enjoy Gibson, and even though Deidre isn't a great writer, I still follow her books simply because of my love of hockey. And because I feel like I'm reading about the Rangers. =) If Aleo can get a decent editor and make a few tweaks, I would gladly spend money on her stories. The characters alone make the story a 4. With some help, I might just end up giving this author 5 stars one day.